This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20020226   

Michael considered fate at 14:50   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Well, it's been a few since I've mentioned the three 'logs I read. I want to take this time to go a little farther into the deep than I normally do.

Bluishorange.com has some really neat stuff right now. Besides some interesting user commentary/discussion over the merits and demerits of wait staff wages, tipping and the cost that moral decadence brings to bear on the lowly waitress there is also a light and fun wheels-on-the-bus-go-round-and-round piece on her university shuttlebus. She could not, however, avoid the temptation to muck around in the mudpuddle of anti-valentine sentiment; it is a weblog, what do you expect?

Burntsienna keeps promising interesting photos but has still not delivered recently. That's alright because there are still some interesting tidbits to be picked off the local music scene tree. Oh, and look at that! Another weblogger hateful of the American pastime that is corporatized holidays. She also makes some interesting observations about our northern neighbours and dear 'ol Montreal like how the change makes a slightly different sound in your pocket and how there is a generally anti-iced-coffee stance up there. The part that strikes me as odd is the bit about the Canadian border guards being more of a hassle than the Americans. Being a dual-citizen I've jumped the fence plenty of times and for sure the Americans are swell but the Canadians are perhaps more so. When I had no proof of citizenship up there and I was traveling through to University they asked for my student visa: "Well, actually, I don't have one. I'm Canadian, you see, I just don't have proof.".. "Well, we'll just have to believe you I guess.." ..... "Oh, and the bomb in the back? It's not what you think.. No worries."

little.yellow.different Has lots of work stuff lately and some more glimpses into the asian-american's "world of hell" (i.e. home). Some fun-facts about what makes a parade a Chinese New Years parade and also some obligatory 'gays and figure-skating' comments. Even more interesting is one of the many links that has found it's way over from someone else's site: Congress and it's love of popcorn. I wonder if they bought Orville a valentine's card?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: