This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20020724   

Michael considered fate at 14:58   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
So this is my latest idea:

Blogs.

In print.

but not so much blogs as columns. and only columns.

My example of this is GQ's StyleGuy. He answers reader's fashion questions every week in a short two-page run and it's one thing I like about GQ. But I wouldn't purchase the magazine just for this Guy. But.. Maybe.. Just maybe.. I'd purchase *just* the StyleGuy for a a nickel? A dime.. who knows. But I'd want it in print, to be sure.

What happens when you take the failed business model of content-driven subscription websites (read: Salon) and turn it into a print model? Can we learn something about the way we think and react to various mediums, about our need for material goodness in our hands? The slippery paper sliding through our fingers, the flop of the pages as they slide off the couch and our eyes flutter shut in restful sleep? Tell me - because I think it's not the worst idea in the world.

Proposal: Webloggers, Columnists, Journalists alike: Unite, Syndicate like the community you are. Offer content by number; make-your-own-mag; parameterize your headlines. Customized shades and colors of the world at your doorstep, not your desktop. Slippery pages, not slippery keys, in your hand.

Possible? Probably not. Cool? Possibly so.

..I'd even take the print ads too, yah know..


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: