This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20020822   

Michael considered fate at 14:15   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Why old men are great


I'm going to make a great old man someday. Not old and cranky but not old and polite, either. I'll sit around on a corner store porch somewhere spitting shells or seeds are whatever the heck I might be eating at the time. I'll make comments to the out-of-towners that they won't get and I'll oogle the young women in just enough of a socially acceptable way that they'll think it "cute", not "gross". I'll play cribbage for a penny a hole and say things like "fifteen two, pair is four, and there ain't no more" and "If you saw my hand you wouldn't be so worried, I am one hurtin' unit". I'll sneer at the new cars and talk about "when I was your age". I'll wear fashion that is so old it's out of style... for the fourth time. I'll complain about "those dang kids these days" and I'll be referring to the over-30 league that tromps into the store after games leaving mud all over the place. I'll spend my money like every day was the last day of my life.. or at least the last decade maybe. I won't clip my ear hair because I think it makes me look distinguished and I'll run my mouth off at the cops when they pull someone over in ear shot.

Course, that's if I make it.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: