This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20021216   

Michael considered fate at 08:46   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
My buddy John Poindexter heads up the Total Information Awareness project - part of the Information Awareness Office. The whole site reads like a grad student research project, but that's besides the point. It's still scary. To make a long story short, it's citizen profiling through phone records, medical records, school records.. any records it can get. All in the name of those two spookily 1984ish words Homeland Security. They probably all think I am a communist, a marxist, a supporter of terrorist regimes and completely anti-American when I say that I would rather have planes crash into buildings once a year than live in a country like the one the U.S. might turn into relatively soon. I am a disgusting disgusting human being for saying I would rather risk my life and the life of others for *true* freedom. Bleh.

Anyhow, poor John. He was such a nice guy back in the day. I contacted him (funny that I found his email address publically available on the web about seven years ago and he didn't seem to mind then) about the Iran-Contra scandal and what his thoughts were and I got a few quality quotes for my high school report. He made for a great primary source and he was a generally friendly guy.. Anyhow, now he's got the geeks against him - posting some sat photos of his house and reporting his address and phone number to the world. (WIRED)


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: