This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030227   

Michael considered fate at 16:16   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
As an act of solidarity with my brothas who throw themselves at the wilds of the Applachian Trail with all their force this week...

I will stop drinking the day they step foot on the trail - March 1st, 2003. Sure, I know what you're all thinking - Huh? Why? You can't do it, don't bother. But mike, we can't stand you unless your drunk (cause that usually means you're passed out). How will you manage the daily grind without the supportive effects of alcohol? You know you will loose that teddy-bear charm if the beer belly goes away, right? - and yes, people, I know this. It is a sacrifice that I am willing to make to show my support for the fellows in the wood. Bear with my folks (ha ha ha). I will be scrawling the last few sentences of the first chapter of my drinking life this Friday - gather round for the fun if you'd like.

As a supplement to this I plan on dropping coffee after noon and soda all together. I begged off the meat issue because, well, if my will power was a computer it would probably be running an old pentium - without MMX - with barely enough RAM to boot win95... I must conserve my effort in one area.

On the upside - March 1st is a crazy early date to start the trail with the likelyhood of weeks of snow and chilling temperatures so hopefully, for the sake of my lonely and bored liver, they will be back soon enough.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: