This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030422   

Michael considered fate at 14:47   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I don't think manic.

I don't think crazy thoughts much, either. I'm pretty level headed that way. Sometimes I have a daydream but they're silly fun daydreams that aren't meant to be taken seriously. Like

Wouldn't it be cool if I could play old music in such a crazy cool way that I could pack the kiddies into the fillmore east?

whoops. fillmore's gone.

Wouldn't it be cool if I could cook such a mean plate of home fries that my friends would come over on Sunday mornings and beg for them on their knobby knees with their hands clasped tight?

I mean fun daydreams. I have a few dark ones too but we won't go there today. Today is fogged in and drizzly rain in the port city and we'll only think happy sunny thoughts.

Wouldn't it be cool if I wasn't such a moron all the time and I could approach and meet really interesting people like the guy at the end of the bar smoking GPCs and reading a copy of A Brief History of Time?

But I don't. I think I'd interrupt them. I think they all have masterplans. They are all masterminds. Even the bum in the alley with his grey sweats and shopping cart - he has a business - a purpose. I musn't bother.

Wouldn't it be cool if I could enter into a dialogue with absolutely anyone I see, recording said dialogue for future posterity and reference?

See? No manic thoughts.

How do we harness and use technology to free ourselves and not bind ourselves? How do we use social networking and hardware networking to it's fullest without breaking our freedoms as anonymous free citizens? How can we use GPS and face recognition technology and data warehousing to remember who that guy is - that one that just walked into the bar, I know I've seen him before - without removing his right to complete privacy?

Do we do it with the use of Java Enabled ID Cards?

How about by abusing government power?

This be a slippery slope we are sliding down and it may prove to be a sharp lemon-juice covered razor blade slope, too.

But what am I thinking? Those are crazy thoughts. Manic thoughts. Concerns of a lunatic. I was not abducted by aliens. Think happy thoughts.

Think happy daydreams!


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: