This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030523   

Michael considered fate at 18:34   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
fridayfive

1. What brand of toothpaste do you use?

I was giving the new PM toothpaste from Arm&Hammer a try because if there is anything I hate it's waking up in the morning with toothpaste mouth. I saw a PM commercial and for perhaps the first time in my life I succumbed to marketing pressure and bought it. It seems to work as advertised, however... My evil dentist (evil because I never seemed to have any teeth problems till he came along) is now pretty much a salesman for everything teeth oriented. Getting a 6-month cleaning is more like sitting through a time-share sales pitch.

"What kind of toothbrush do you have? ... Oh? Well we're suggesting you use the new electric toothbrushes... " (short pause) ".. Like the one's from Braun - look, I have one right here! Would you like to pay through the nose for it? I'd love you to because I get commision on it - even though I am a dentist and that sounds like conflict of interest, why not buy it anyway?"

Anyhow.. he has been pushing the prescription toothpaste on me the last few visits. I don't know if it's the Flouridex that Bunnie mentions but it sounds like the stuff. He said something about decay and wanting to combat the progression and ... long story short I've been given two prescriptions so far and I've managed to lose both so far. If I believed what he said then I guess my teeth are next.

The more questionable part of all of it is that the last time I was there the good doctor was not in the office. I suffered through the overly chipper hygienist and then when I mentioned I had lost my prescription she jumped right up and filled out a new one for me. Her and the receptionist chuckled:

"It's awful handy that he leaves a stack of pre-signed unfilled prescription papers in the closet!"

Uhh.. that sounds.. um.. legal.

2. What brand of toilet paper do you prefer?

Toilet paper?

3. What brand(s) of shoes do you wear?

Out of the office I wear almost exclusively Adidas Sambas cause they're are comfortable and don't fall apart like so many other shoes I've had.

4. What brand of soda do you drink?

I drink the MOX! (Moxie - the only softdrink that will mix half and half with any alcohol and still taste the same).

Of course I also do the dew and occasionally make a visit to the Dr.

But if you've been paying attention you're aware that I'm trying to stay away from the soda for the time being.

5. What brand of gum do you chew?

I don't, really. Seems whenever someone gives me a piece it's Trident... and my mom is a Trident fan.. but my old roommate swears by Orbitz.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: