This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030530   

Michael considered fate at 16:01   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
fridayfive this week:

1. What do you most want to be remembered for?

That is an awfully hard question. Armstrong will undoubtably be remembered for his moonwalk. Chamberlain will be remembered for his numbers (mostly the ones off the court). Einstein for his relativity. But it's all lip service and face because who really knew them? There is very little difference, in some respects, to an amazing accomplishment and a giant object. World's largest ball of yarn - Sir Edmund Hilary.. all that different? Not really.

I think the people we really remember for people are those who made significant social changes and over entire lifetimes achieved not one giant goal, but rather permeated the very fabric of our lives through their grace on this earth.

Sinatra.

Zappa.

Twain.

Chomsky.

These are the people we remember. The important thing here, perhaps, is to note the artistic significance of those I've listed. Course I'm only speaking for myself here..

All that being said I don't want to be remembered for being smart or even traditionally successful. I want to be remembered for my wit and creativity and art in the face of life.

2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?

I never remember quotes in the first place.

3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?

The desire, purchase, and follow through of motorcycling as a hobby.

4. What about the past ten years?

Graduating as Valedictorian, though not a particularly crowning achievment considering the level of academics at my school, still remains a subject of some pride.

But in general I remain a very unimpressed individual. What will make one person say "Wow!" most likely will only make me say "Eh". This is a universal response so I am oft unimpressed with myself as well as others.

5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?

Get the joke.

But I also like Bunnie's advice to LIKE YOURSELF for yourself, and not based upon what other's think of you.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: