This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030528   

Michael considered fate at 01:51   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
It doesn't take much to make me happy. When you're realistically satisfied you realize that life ain't all nice farts and smelly roses.. so you learn to roll with the punches.

Rolls the only word that goes with bar, neck, call, and over. Go figure. How do yah think that makes roll feel?

Special? Or just all alone like?

If you set your sights really low - like down in the gutter where, if you found a candy bar all wrapped up in tin foil you'd be excited- you'd be amazed the sorta shit that will roll your way. Big fat bags 'o cash and job offers and women like you wouldn't know what to do with.

I'm not speaking entirely from experience here but I've witnessed the shit go down in the hood, so keep your ears open and your mouth shut.

If you set your sights on a nice lawn-ornament of a car and some keds on your feet and maybe a toaster oven for mom. Well.. you'll get all that, and more... and not once will you have to pause and think that maybe you could have been more. Your sights will be so low you won't know what you're missing up above.

I heard a theory tonight that to get the girl you want all you have to do is send her some flowers. Maybe there is something in that, but I'm still too shy to send 'em anyway.

I heard another theory about opportunity and resources and what makes this country tick. Or not tick as it were. I heard that motivation is the only real currency left in this wasteland we call America - because it's the only precious commodity left anymore.

Got gold in my teeth and money in the bank and oil.. gosh, oil out the ass. But what I don't have is motivation.

Do you think the Republicans are going to overthrow themselves??

I know all the non-activists like to complain that protesting doesn't do anything. I know they like to say that one man sitting in front of one gate does not a political majority make. But they aren't seeing the big picture.

They're crazy if they think the Vietnam conflict protests didn't change the country we live in forever and ever amen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no activist. If I believed strongly enough and supported one side enough I'd be out there, maybe, if I could take a personal day. But I just don't care enough.

Motivation.

It's the only currency left in our culture and no one gets it.

You turn the TV on and what are we watching now, day in and day out? Is it fictional drama? No. It's reality Teevee. It's normal people who usually live out normal lives showing us that somewhere, deep down within them.. they have some motivation.

This is a thrilling concept to most Americans and we'll slop right down onto the couch to watch these amazing displays of motivation because, well gosh, it's just so darn foreign to us.

Find me one person who is motivated and I'll find you a self-made millionaire so don't come crying to me about your welfare bennies.

And I truly believe that and I'm an asshole for it, maybe, and I believe there is a place in this world for things like welfare and brown hot dogs but that doesn't mean it should be the goal.




Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: