This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030519   

Michael considered fate at 17:16   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I've been waiting to post this on the off chance that some fine related topic of conversation pops up in my head but all I get lately upstairs is a bunch of static.

So to be short: Last week I went home from work after burning the Mac OS X Developer tools to a CD in order to load the package onto my cutsy-whootsy little iBook (you'd think i were a girl, huh?). I proceeded to do just that, flipping the screen up and pushing the start button. I had the CD in the drive before it fully booted so I wasn't surprised when, as the desktop came up, the Software Updater popped up. It said it found some updates. Oh cool.. go right ahead, I said.

Then it dawned on me... albeit slowly.. that I was updating software that should not be and is not in the developer package. This caused some head scratching and then I figured it out:

My laptop, being the cutsy-whootsy little thing that it is, made it's way out into the world via it's airport card and cuddled up to a wireless access point in the area. Apparently a neighbours access point. It must have used it's feminine wiles to woe the wap into submission because without even a burp I was surfing and chatting and just grinning from ear to ear (as I am want to do).

And they said computers were difficult unruly beasts! I've been lied to!

So thus endeth the rein of paid-for broadband internet... at least for the time being. Between work and home I have more bandwidth then I rightfully know what to do with. It's a good thing, too, cause that whole "real life" thing was becoming a serious pain in the ass.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: