This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030523   

Michael considered fate at 19:53   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
My street is so desolate at night. The wind sort of darts about all the time like it wants to play but there isn't even any trash or papers to toss about. When I walk home - back from whatever unfortunate evening - I see a pretty city. Even the suburbs look lush and wonderful in the moonlight. The drizzle makes things sparkle and the cool air is soft on my skin. The *chunk* *clunk* of the street lights changing red to green is music in the silence. I see the puddles shining in the lamp light and the streets broad and quiet. The constant whir of distant machinery reminds me of civilization but I might as well be in one of those movies where you find yourself the only human being on the earth. I can see the beauty this way - by myself without the ruinous people.

It sounds bitter but it's not. Everyone is always talking about how bitter and jaded and unhappy I am but really I walk around all day laughing at people. I look at the world and I see the simpsons walking by and Ray Romano cashing me out at the grocery store and Seinfeld selling me a newspaper. Life is reeeally really funny.

I'm laughing hysterically inside and everyone is missing the point.

I'm the cold one they say but I look around and everyone just seems depressed. Don't get me wrong, I get depressed too - but I usually even manage to enjoy that somehow. A bout of depression is like a good night's sleep. Everyone else, though, it just seems to wear them down. They take shit so seriously it blows my mind.

If I took things have as seriously as they do I'd probably be crazy too.. but sometimes I wonder how it's even possible - this many crazies in the world. We're a whole globe of them.

I know one or two fairly grounded people.

The rest are just crazy.

Are you crazy?

crazy?

Hullo? Why aren't you saying anything?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: