This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030529   

Michael considered fate at 12:58   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Pops got back from visiting the sister in Wisconsin and he had stories to tell of 6 foot crane birds and brat festivals. Not brat as in me the brat, brat as in bratwurst.

Every year Madison, WI holds BratFest - a gathering of thousands of people to stand in line to buy.. bratwurst. Essentially a big hotdog, right?

I was regaled with stories of a tanker-looking tractor trailer truck that flipped open like the flip-top head of oral-b commercials (the b standing for brush, by the way - the obvious answer at tuesday night's trivia - the one I mentioned but failed to record) only to reveal a giant grill inside - the largest in the world, in fact.

They keep records, too. Like the good Americans they are every year they try to sell more bratwurst than the year before. More is, after all, better - especially when you're talking bratwurst.

I mean, really.. just the word itself is a hell of a lotta fun.

bratwurst. bratwurst. bratwurst.

A heck of a lot better than dross, to be sure... even if you try to slip it into a long post about dirty sexual thoughts and think I might not notice.

Last year (and these numbers are out of my jumbled head.. which means I might be quoting my university student number instead) they sold 123,000 bratwurst. Last year it was a drizzly rainy Memorial day weekend in Madison, Wisconsin.

This year it was bright and sunny and a most beautiful weekend (we on the east coast made up for it with rain, more rain, ending with a little rain). They set a record with 148,000 bratwurst sold.

148,000

That's a lotta dog.

Pops thought it best not to try and transport a brat on the plane for my culinary enjoyment so alls I got was a grey "BRATFEST 2003" t-shirt.

All in all I can't complain.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: