This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030521   

Michael considered fate at 10:01   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Went to siphon gas last night and oops, got some in a california emissions canister. Don't ask - I don't know what that means either. All i know was that it was a little canister about the size of a PBR pounder and when gas got inside of it - it started to get very warm. When I went to move it by hand it almost burnt me. Oops.

Screw it. Went and picked up a siphone tube cause gas in the mouth is more fun anway. Got it flowing and drained most of the tank cause it was makin the bike run ragged and backfire like hell.

As much as it's fun to ride around the neighbourhood scaring the bejeesus out of the little old ladies with every BANG of a backfire..

bad gas sucks.

It was not all for naught, however, because I dumped it into the car - I told you I'm a thrifty dude. The cars a little more lenient when it comes to bad gas so why not.. it was only 2 gallons.

such bad gas that I was worried the needle jets were fouled. I was worried the fuel filter was clogged. I was worried.

Did I mention I get worried an awful lot? Too much sometimes. Too much because I really don't have anything to worry about. Life is alright.

Tried to explain siphoning to a high school girl last night and it was a difficult task - that makes me worry. Makes me worry about where we're going in this society. I broke out everything I had - comparisons to a can of coke and a straw - natural springs - artesian wells.. Not much made it through and back even if she did understand any of it.

That's the thing with teaching - it's more a network than a radio broadcast. You want ACKnowledgment packets and you want Negative ACKs so you know what made it. You need a bit of a sound board. Otherwise it's like talking into a black hole.

Learned more about the dry clutch - racing clutch. Open. Not immersed in a liquid bath like a wet clutch.. Rougher, perhaps.. not as smooth.. but no inertia or energy lost in the movement of the liquid... so less power loss from engine to wheel. From what I gather.

Today I will eat decadently.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: