This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030619   

Michael considered fate at 17:30   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
And if I haver yeah I know I'm gonna be

Not too sure what havering is, exactly, but if I can contextualize at all I would contextualize this: I'm a haverin' to my doktor.

If you haven't been following this epic story of a man - a man looking so much like ben seaver it sort of crimps his style - then let me sum up for you:

The first mention was probably this post where I outline my first actual real official approach and interaction with the doktor. Long story short I see her at the bar every week and she is cute and outta my league (in a I am a Doctor sort of way) but every once in awhile, so they tell me, a dude gets the call up from the minors and maybe this year is my year to go up and try my luck.

I'll probably throw my arm out.

Then, in a later post, I mentioned my pal Tom's sage advice about tuesday night dates. He was confused, however, as I didn't in fact have a date on tuesday.. I just saw her again at Trivia.

To back up two steps - I called her over the weekend. I left a message on her machine and didn't really expect a call back but before I could dial #2 the next day on Sunday she called me back. Her first order of business was to announce that she doesn't normally call people back. Huh? We had a brief conversation about Father's Day before her phone started to cut out on us and she quickly said she'd be around this week and that she would at least see me on Tuesday, at trivia night.

Needless to say, the trivia has ceased to be the main attraction on Tuesday nights.

This particular Tuesday I played it a bit cool and just hung out at the bar drinking Sam Adams (giving it one final chance) and answering trivia questions with the most cavalier of attitudes (It was, afterall, no longer about the trivia). She was all over the place as usual... I dare say even more energetic than normal and seemingly half the guys in the bar had something to go talk to her about. She entertained all of their advances in a friendly enough manner.

This is where things got complicated. We made eye contact. Her friend beckoned me over. She acted shy.. A strange response from such a seemingly outgoing gal, to be sure.

So I gave her a few minutes and returned to my trivia. I kept checking the situation out of the corner of my eye and at one point she was hanging over the bannister chatting with her friend and another guy pal who happened to come over. He made eye contact with me, pointed sneakily at her, and mouthed "She Wants You" at me.

Wha...whooooaaa there. Who the? What the?

If you've been following this story, please... please.. tell me what I'm missing cause the pieces are not fitting together in this puzzle.

End of the night came and she was alone enough that I got up and had a quick chat with her. "So what are you up to this week?" I asked. She mumbled something about having a patient on the verge and being on call and therefore she could not make definite plans. Huh? "So ... what does that mean?" I continued.. come on here.. throw me a bone! She responded, again, that she couldn't really make plans.

At this point, three beers in, I was feeling a little confused but cheeky enough so I just layed it out for her:

"Look. This is what I'm gonna do. I'll give you a call, leave a message on your machine. You can ignore it and I'll feel shitty for awhile.. but then I will get over it and I'll give you another call. I'll leave another message and you can ignore that one, too, and again I'll feel kind of shitty. But I'll get over it.."

She looked nervously at her friends waiting for her at the door, "Yah, well, you don't have to worry about that," she said.

And then she was gone.

I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: