This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030613   

Michael considered fate at 10:54   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Can your security infrastructure protect you when you've left the key under the mat?

Security infrastructure? Security Structure??

What the hell are these people talking about? I don't gots and I don't want none your security. I don't leave the key under the mat because I lost the key a long time ago. I put it in a drawer somewhere and I haven't seen it in a very very long time. I leave my doors open.

Open to the world.

Like a welcome bosom.

Someday someone will come and tweak my bosom's nipples, or slash at them with a knife and that will be a sad sad day.. But in the meantime, most people just want a peek, not a tweak.. and what's so wrong with just a peek?

Let 'em peek, I say. Let them peek.

I leave the car doors unlocked too. I leave the keys in the ignition sometimes when I'm lazy and I leave the windows down too. I open the sunroof as if spreading my arms wide. Come and steal my half quart of oil, my car says to the passers-by. Come and take this ratty old t-shirt in the back seat. If they steal it then perhaps they needed it more than me?

No, that is wrong. That makes me sound a little more benevolent - a little more bleeding heart - than I really am. It's not that I want people to steal from me - people who need those things more than me.. It's just that I don't want to have to care. I don't want to come to work any worry if I locked the apartment in the same way you worry about leaving the gas stove on (I don't have a gas stove, so I guess I'm all set there). I don't want to have to worry that people are evil terrible creatures either. I just don't want to do it.

Living with my parents in Bangor a man broke in the house. Well, he walked in really - we didn't lock our doors there, either. He was a very drunk man and thought he was coming home. When he discovered his mistake (about the time my parents woke up to him standing in their bedroom) he quickly left the premises for greener pastures. No harm.

No foul.

The police report read: Man arrested for breaking and entering.

There was another nasty little bit about a stolen car years later. That's what you get, the police said, when you leave the keys in the ignition.

"What do I get?" my dad asked, confused..

You get your car stolen.. but then they leave it a few blocks away, keys still dangling in the ignition, the car no worse for wear. And life goes on. At least it's a good story to tell.

Okay okay.. naive perhaps. Allll naive. But what the tell me. What they say is

Ignorance is Bliss

And I don't really want to get into a rant on why that is so so so so so just accept it and move on.

Move on to the architect's speech in the Matrix: Reloaded and see if you can twist yourself out of that ball of twine.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: