This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030618   

Michael considered fate at 13:59   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I take completely horrible pictures.

As the subject, that is.

Maybe it's a weird manifestation of the "my own voice sounds weird on the answering machine" syndrome, but I don't think I've seen a decent photo of myself in years. In contrast, other people seem to take wonderful pics. Everyone, in fact, seems to have a number of good mugshots lying around the house (or website, as the case may be). I don't.

I avoid the business end of a camera like the plague. I might get preserved in celluloid two or three times a year, max. I once went a year and a half without being caught on camera. Part of the problem might be the situations that are usually involved. The michael hunter has to be patient to catch a snapshot of this man. They have to be sneaky and wait until very late in the evening, often past the midnight hour, when beer has been flowing freely for some time... and it's never pretty.

But I did get a pretty decent pencil sketch done once. My old roommate from college was on a quest to sketch every single person in our dorm by the end of the year. I was #1 or #2. The sketch remains folded, in my wallet, to this day. For your very viewing pleasure, I have carefully scanned this beautiful work of art (the subject, afterall, is irresistable). It makes me look a little more "rough" and "back-woodsy" than perhaps I normally am in my everday incarnation, but a likeable representation nonetheless. You can see that I was wearing my carhart cap at the time. Unfortunately, due to the lack of preservation, there is a ghost image where it was folded onto itself.



And since I'm here playing with the scanner anyway, I'll give you a look at the other little piece of nostalgia in my wallet - my one and only official dentention write-up I ever got, this from 7th grade..



It reads: I had trouble yesterday with Mike's behaviour and I thought we [sic] sorted out the problem . But today he was back at it

The corner is missing but you can get the general idea: I was a mouthy little bastard.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: