This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030604   

Alex considered fate at 19:24   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Less than nothing.

Less than nothing is what I've done today, and perhaps the last few days. Text twist has a firm grasp on my will power . . . I have actual shit to do, and I decide not to. I am the fucking king of bad decisions. Put it's more than that. When you give someone a deadline, often, they make it. Even when there are no explicit consequences, they make their deadline. Why? because we've been trained that when you miss deadlines, there are consequences. People yell at you. They frown disapprovingly. They make you pay more money. So those things must be punishment. Why? I would argue from my evolutionary standpoint that frowns, yelling, reprimands are good predictors of 1) loss of group inclusion, 2) loss of trust (trading potential), 3) loss of status/power, or others. These are all important social domains to attend to, in an environment such as the one that we were adapted in. But so what. Well, if these things don't come, and we know they aren't coming, the anxiety is much slower to promt us out of laziness. And in the absence of deadlines, it's amazing that anyone does anything at all. Nothing I am saying is revolutionary. "People are lazy." Wow. But the question is, maybe those mother fuckers that get things done immediately know what the fuck's up. Because I hate it when three days have gone by, with no deadlines, and I am just 100% unproductive. My text twist skills improve.

"Nothing, unfortunately, is true all of the time in this life; only most of the time, and even then it's only partly true."

Excellent. That really is what many, many people struggle about. Why those "who moved my cheese" motherfuckers made so much money.

alas. off to rent my apartment.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: