This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030623   

Michael considered fate at 14:00   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Via this post over at a site by some courtney character I find an article suggesting that cheese may in fact be addictive (something about morphine from cow's liver). This after I recently learned how cheese is the most difficult food to give up for dieters.

Food. Addictive.

Yeah.. well.. umm.. So?

Next thing they are gonna tell us is water is addictive cause, uh, like.. our bodies crave it.

Okay, I'm being obnoxious, but really.. where is the line in the sand? How do you define an addiction, anyway? Is something only addictive if your body doesn't really need it?

What about routine? We are, afterall, creatures of habit, but does that mean it's an addiction? I chew my nails. Is that an addiction? It is, presumably, a negative act, so is that what makes an addiction? Is there any such thing as a healthy, or positive, addiction?

If I drink 8 glasses of water a day am I positively addicted?

Regardless, if this all results in fat people sueing the fa(s)t food joints cause cheese is addictive then I'm done.. stop the ride. I want to get off. It's getting too weird for me to handle. And if fat people start *winning* these cases, I'm just going to cry.

courtney goes on to mention a proposed british fat tax, which is interesting, especially since they have government health care so the country does have to absorb the health costs that fat food adds to a population, in a round about way.

A lotta folks say this is counter-productive because the poor tend to eat more fast & cheap food, therefore a fat tax would hurt those who need the money the most, the poor.. but I say - if you make healthy food cheaper (or fat food more expensive) then aren't you thereby giving the poor a good reason to eat healthy?

My good pal KC has always said unhealthy food is cheap food and it's a shame that we live in that sort of situation. I know I am a victum to it sometimes as much as I try to avoid it.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: