This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030602   

Michael considered fate at 15:59   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
William Gibson, of Neuromancer fame (at least in my head as it's the only book of his I've read) has his own blog. It's a shame, really, because I have never been to his blog. Not even today did I research his site in order to make this post.

Mostly because I'm scared it won't be as good as I want it to be.

The sky was the color of a tv tuned to a blank channel goes the first sentence of Neuromancer. I'll always remember that line, I don't know why. Good. Very good.

Which is why I don't go to his site - this way he'll remain good and I won't have to take any chances.

Yesterday I took a chance. I took a chance on A Mighty Wind by that Guest guy - you know, Mr. Spinal Tap, and gosh if it just wasn't up to the level of his normal work. Oh sure, it was good but it lacked punch - pinash... (is that even how you spell pinash? (notice I'm justifying poor spelling through acknowledgment of said bad spelling (notice I'm embedding these sidenotes so deep into each other you'll have forgotten that I even misspealled a word by the time you find your way out of it all?) which is funny cause I would normally hate that) or is it penash?).

Ha.

It's a beautiful day out today and I want to plan and execute an amazing music festival here in the port city. I want to create an event so wonderful that it grows each year, until the year 2012 at which point it will be so huge that business men will actually build hotels just to house the event-goers. Entire businesses will be created and exist simply for the pleasures of this music, and it will be good. I want this to happen today (the planning) and I want the execution to happen sometime in August, maybe, in the dog days of summer when people are sure to show up in bikini tops and bring their puppies.

Who doesn't like puppies at an open air concert?

I want to get right up there on stage at the very beginning like Mort Fega or something and go

"Welcome to the 10th annual.."

and the crowd would cheer me right off the stage. Wishful thinking for a lazy fuck but there isn't anything better than making a few people happy for a day or two.

For free.

Free is key. Everyone likes a free lunch.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: