This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030711   

Michael considered fate at 18:42   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
.. got really bored at work today so I ordered out chinese and logged into Yahoo! Games and looked for a cribbage partner.

I surfed around in the intermediate areas for a bit but there was just a bunch of people looking to crank out games and get "points", whatever that's all about. Points. Ha. I was just there to play chat and eat my chinese food. Sometimes there isn't any alterior motives, yah know? Sometimes points aren't involved. Anyway, I got sick of the pukes down in intermediate and wanted something akin to a challenge. It's been years since my last - a full out shoot out between me and Capt. Crib - the fastest draw this side of the 'ssipp. Capt passed away and passed the crown and Pops sometimes tries to wear it but he's a lotta talk.. Plays a mean game and he's a quick pegger but you can still pick him off when he's not paying good attention.

Anyhow, I was looking for some serious cribbage. The kind that makes your eyeballs hurt and makes you shuffle your hand about three or four times before commiting to the crib cause things are that unsure. Good quality challenge shit.

So I wander into the expert lounge and I found this guy waiting. His screenname was gwbushy2000. He sent me a message - did I want to play?

Sure.. sure.. I'll play

So we started a game up and he started creaming me from the start. He drew an ace to deal and then he pulled out a 4 - 5 - 5 - 6 - 6 on his first crib and jumped the first leg like a jack rabbit. I pulled in a few good pegs and an average hand and the next round through managed a healthier than average 6 in the crib but I wasn't smiling cause he was still a good 25 up on me.

We started talking a bit inbetween play and he told me how his dad had taught him cribbage and how he was really really good at it. He told me he was the best cribbage player he knew and that he always beat all the other players he played.

Then I started winning. I was slowly creeping up on him, peg by peg, with timely runs and 31's. I nabbed him on a triplet of 7's that landed on a 31 for 8 points. He started to sound upset. He whined a bit and when I actually passed him for the first time he *RE-CUT THE DECK*! I couldn't believe it. I didn't even know you were allowed/able to re-cut with the yahoo software. WTF? So somehow he overrode things and he ended up winning by 2 holes.

"I CREAMED you," he said.

Well.. you barely won, actually..

"No no.. I creamed you. You're so dead."

Uhh. yah.

ewp


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: