This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030703   

Michael considered fate at 15:15   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Haven't posted all day cause I'm working on big stuff here at the office.. you know - all secret squirrel demo bullshit that makes the customers wet their pants. Well, that's the idea anyway. The sales force would like to think that changing the color of a button and adding a whole new feature set take the same amount of programming time but they don't. They would also like to think that it's just a matter of push and shove, based on the amount of time they haggle us for new stuff.

But none of that is all too important. What is important?

July 4th is important. July 2nd is important too.. yah know why?

The Doktor is important to me because it represents a whole lot of stuff.. Not her, but it. The whole thing stinks of revelation and finding a new life meaning. It smells of change and maybe we all say change is great but change is change and change takes time and energy and change.

It's sort of circular like that.

And because it is and because I know it I'm going up to Montreal. I'm leaving the country, leaving everything behind for a few days so I can go relax, think deeply on the state of things, and get piss drunk. Mostly piss drunk. I thought for sure I was getting too old and that my body didn't want the drink anymore but this week has been hard and fast. Cheap, fast, and out of control. A few 40s (fohties) were involved. A beach was involved. My favourite bartender and the doktor and many pints of beer were involved. Lots and lots of coding was involved. Coding at break-neck speed and fast updates and new graphics and slick enhancements. One 12 hour coding marathon after a 3:30AM bedtime was involved...

And I don't feel to much the worse for wear, really. I'm awake and alert and I want more beer. I'm happy and it's sunny and I'm going to Montreal. I'm hydrated, fed, and not hung over and I really really like myself.

I'm going to drink some beer.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: