This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030725   

..Then he sold me a cheap watch out of his trenchcoat
Michael considered fate at 01:31   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Ever go out.. go to a bar.. look around and just see all the people and think how many of them are possibly nice enough people and how many of them you *could* get along with and how many of them are potential mates, or friends, or soulmates, or lovers? It's mind boggling. It's all circumstance. Perspective.

Shit like that bothers me, a little bit. See, most people think that if you believe in Darwin and you believe in evolution and the big bang and all that then you can't believe in the weird stuff like religion, and spirit, and all that jazz. Maybe they are right, but there is something in nature - even if you're a die-hard scientist - that is on the edge of logic and reason, and it's called chance. Chance is as coincidental as it comes and chance is fate and determinism's worst enemy at the same time, if you get me. When you get down to it - down to the bone - there had to be this chemical next to that chemical which interacted with this other chemical, just enough to create the first RNA.. or whatever it was.. enough so that it reproduced at some point, and then again, but it mutated somewhere in there, and mutated again, and again, and a few moments later there was man. MAN. Man came from a few chemicals floating in the primordal soup that happened to veer into the same swimming lane and - ooops - life is created. If that isn't as black a magic as things can get, I don't know what is.. and despite every bit of technology and wisdom and science we have gleened from the earth in our short but long stay here, we still don't quite get the black magic. True attraction among two people is still as hard to pre-determine as it is to pick the right cup out of three under which god has placed the little red ball. I had it, I really did, but then he sort of shuffled them around and then switched 1 and 2, and then 3 and 1 and 1 and 3 and then 2 and 3 and 2 and 1 and then I lost track and I was as much guessing as I was determining. And that's what gets me. I'm still guessing at this game. I don't have it figured out, not completely. Not yet.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: