This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030711   

Michael considered fate at 11:20   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
You people keep showing up and I keep writing dumb shit.. It's like a nice little symbiotic relationship - but with just the slightest bit of melancholy thrown in.'

Some fish live up other fishes butts. No kidding. It's like the little fishy is the "rim job" fish. They hang out up inside the butt and sorta pick off the unmentionables and generally "houseclean". Only thing is, this french maid eats the trash she sweeps.. if you get my drift. Now that's what I call symbiotic.

Finally got the bike back together. Reinserted the gas guage pod, put the fuel pump back into the tank, resecured the power leads, clamped down the fuel filter. Then I added the drain tube and screwed the gas cap back down. I hooked the tank back up to it's hinge on the bike, stuck the drain hose onto the outside pipe. Tightened the backflow on and then secured the delivery hose onto the metal nipple.

Turned the key in the ignition - from LOCK, past OFF, to ON. Heard the gurgle of the pump inside it's cavern and watched gas slowly seep out around the metal threads of the shutoff valve. Damn. Rode it to work anyway, cause I didn't have a proper wrench - just so long as I kept the engine going there wasn't much pressure to push the gas out at the connection. Tightened her up when I got there but I did notice a little hesitation half way through my ride to work - strange, and disconcerting.

After work I took it out to a friendly BBQ and she ran fine but coming back that night (I smartly had someone follow me home) I again had the hesitation and this time I knew it was going to die on me. Coasted into an intersection with a street lamp, took my helmet off, stuck my ear in the tank and listened for the friendly hum of the pump - yup.. still going. Damn. Perplexed. Probably junk in the filter since I was too lazy to spend an hour and a half going out to the closest dealer to get a new filter - all $4 of it. This filter seemed pretty good - it was mostly clear and wasn't too heavy. My only concern was the thick clump of red rust-dust on the lower side which seemed to be pretty set in it's position. I figured I'd chance it and just reuse. I let the bike sit for a minute and then fired her back up. She sprang back to life with no hesitation. No problems. Rode her the 8 miles back home and didn't experience even the slightest problem. If anything it's actually running better since I cleaned out the tank. More responsive. More smooth. Less coughing and sputtering.

Who knows.

And, like I said it would, it is raining here today in the port city. After two solid weeks of bright blue skies, yellow sun, and hot temperatures, it is raining. After two solid weeks of waiting for my tank to be signed sealed delivered back from the shop, it's raining. Like I said it would.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: