This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030824   

DRUNK
Michael considered fate at 01:21   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
So I know I said I'd be writing more when I was drunk.. I talked about how easy they've made it for me - bookmarked a link and made posting free and gave me archives and everything. Technology, what can I say?

Unfortunately, I just can't do it. For tonight, I'm just not drunk. I tried.. I did. Beer and then Jim and some Corona and good company but it just wasn't happening because I had an early bedtime and places to be and that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Luckily I'm not above picking up the crumbs so here I am writing to you, barely 10 minutes after last call. I wasn't at last call myself, since I was wandering up the hill at the time, but that's alright because.. well.. just because. Thing about last call is that if you're still around then you're getting drunk or you're certainly silly but it's that 20-minutes-before-last-call sort that you really have to worry about. The sort wandering up the hill at 12:45 looking sideways and wondering aloud and not so pleased all the time that they're workin their way home alone. The only thing that sets these folks apart is that they managed to get skunk drunk about 20 minutes before everyone else.. Which doesn't bode well for us poor saps just walking home sober.

But I'll manage, I figured at the time, cause it'll make for a good post - a post I promised I'd try to start keeping. I figured I could talk about the drunks walking up the hill and the dynamics of walking alone versus walking with a group. I thought I'd talk about being with someone and knowing they're there for you - with you - versus being just by yourself. I figured on a lot of things, planning them as I walked, but now that I'm here I got very little for you. I got nothing.

So maybe it didn't all make sense but I can smell a lie when I see one. I'm a little drunk. So what.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: