This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030906   

Business Conference
Michael considered fate at 14:49   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
It seems to work for Bunnie - offsite blogging or, as some people would call it - actually picking up a pen and writing something down. So here I am, pen in hand, giving it a whirl.

I'll try anything once, twice if it feels good, thrice if it puts money in the bank.

So I guess this will be a one time thing.

Problem with the whole pen and paper dealio is the itch to sketch. Can't really transpose that onto a computer screen real well, can yah?

So here I am up in the boondocks of Northern New Hampshire. I'm staying at this huge resort-in-the-clouds type places that used to exist by the dozens in upstate New York, Vermont, Maine even, until FDR had to ruin things with that whole interstate highway thing and airlines pushed that whole air travel thing and now people go to Mexico or Hawaii, Florida or Bermuda. No one goes into the woods anymore - not as a vacation anyway. Maybe they go visit their friends second house in the Pocanos or their bosses cabin (he calls it a cabin but it's a mansion compared to their sorry ass split ranch) in the Adirondacks. But shit.. it's all weekend trips. No one goes to the woods for vacation anymore.

And it's a real shame because there is a lot of good stuff to be done - to be seen - in the woods. There is wet damp mildewy undergrowth. Mosquitos. No-see-ums. Gnats. Black flies.

Ohhhh the black flies. People are really missing out these days. They think they got it going on with their complimentary pina colada down in Cozumel, laying on the beach with the sexy latino men strolling by in their speedos.. but shit.. the black flies man.

So here I am in the middle of the woods and I'm surrounded by so many service industry jobs the damn black flies can't even get at me. There are bell-hops and clearks, waitresses and valets. They have an elevator man. An elevator man! I really can't handle it.

I brought a half-full back pack with me and I was forced - against my will mind you - to put it on a dolly and follow - morosely mind you - the bell-hop up to my room where he taught me how locks and keys work. Very nice man, though perhaps a bit pushy with that dolly.

Prospective clients keep walking by, oblivious to the trap I have set.. and then I remember - I'm a software engineer, not a hunter. I'm a conscientious objector, not a salesman! What am I doing here, shotgun in hand, salt spread on the floor in front of me..

Oh right.

Appendectomy.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: