This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030921   

I'm not one to complain, but
Michael considered fate at 23:03   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
There are a few phrases out there that can make me go from smile to cringe in a nanosecond.

I'm not one to complain is a prime example. This phrase pretty much means, in double-speak, hey, listen to me, I'm about to whine about something. Alanis would have you believe it's "ironic".. I just find it irritating.

Hey, how about this weather, huh?. People, it seems, can be amazed by anything. One time, this summer, there was a stretch of sunny days. It wasn't too hot, not obnoxiously so, but then again I was in Maine. I think it might have rained a few times during these set of days, too.. maybe once at least. So, here we had some sunny days with a little rain and this kid goes to me "Hey man, how about this weather?" like he truly couldn't believe it. Like the Red Sox won the world series. Like Bush got impeached. He seemed truly surprised by this sunny weather, in the summer, in Maine. Amazing.

It's like Dennis Leary said in his Asshole song, he wanted to "drive around in the summertime saying: how about this heat?"

You know you really are an asshole?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: