This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20030918   

Unsolicited perturbation
Alex considered fate at 18:45   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
OK. I'd like to sort some shit out.

Reply to MAYBE: There's no maybe about it; you are changing. Looking at it as a progression to something is fine, but I believe more accurate is simply being aware of the change. I appreciate the tension . . . the opposing arguments, the two sides to the coin, but I truly believe that life experience, even narrative, truly can't be fit into a progression towards anything. No Potential: at that level it's like yoda says. I am waking to this. I furthered the waking just yesterday. I played frisbee with some undergrads, and I cooked dinner for some friends. Playing frisbee on the beach now, I am pretty fun to watch. And I never really bust it out if I playing with anyone, but nonetheless, the kids were impressed. Awestruck even. And one of them said, "I wish I could play disc." Here's what I'm saying. Those thoughts, anxieties, I would say, to be more accurate, are not about potential. I don't fucking know what I could or couldn't do. If the anxiety gets strong enough, I get off my ass. Then I change, just as I would have changed otherwise. It is simply a matter of differential practice.

OK. Next point. Sleeping & Dreaming: Absolutely amazing. I agree that the sensation is entirely otherworldly. If that's what happens when I die, I'll be really excited. Also, I totally appreciate your sentiments about incoherence when awaking.

Third. I am dubious to the extent that anyone reading this blog thinks that you or I are stupendously bright, or, I am dubious to the extent that anyone reading this blog thinks that you or I are any brighter than anyone else writing a blog. I do not doubt that you are terrifically bright, but I am doubtful the blog conveys this. You know why? When I peruse other blogs out there, I generally perceive the author of every blog I read to be very intelligent. Now, it's just a numbers game. I know through actual experience that most people are not really intelligent. I say that with the confidence that I do not judge people by 'intelligence,' as that is a lame criterion to judge people with. Continuing, if only about 3% of the population is really bright, and I perceive everyone I see on the internet to be so, then one of two options must be true. I choose the 'faulty perceptions' option, and furthermore, I generalize that option to the rest of the population. Concluding that nobody really believes you a genius based on the blog. Sorry there, pal.

Fourth. AMEN on the type conversation. Dude, this is an extension of my lifelong fantasy that some chick (always cute in my fantasy . . . ) should know everything about me, and come by in my hour of need, and comfort me, and then we fall in love. It would fit so perfectly into that paradigm if just by reading what I wrote on a blog would turn out to be that person. Alas, never to be. But, I think that's part of the attraction of writing here. I don't know if it is for you, as well.

Sports: I would like to give my piece about what is going on here. Let's say sports are part of a human coalitional psychology that calculates the outcome of conflict (like power/status struggles) without incurring the cost of actual fighting. They have probably existed as long as people have been living in groups. They were once very important, as Power/status was probably tied to stuff like ability to fuck shit up on the playing field, and still today, that ability grants some kind of power. Anyway, people's attraction to coalitional fights (Sports, reality TV, Inter-office spats) is the same attraction to war with THEM, exploitation of THEM, and whatnot. So, though sports themselves may be insignificant in the grand scheme, the phenomenon is stirring shit up.

I feel you dislike my style of writing to you, as if it was just an email, on a blog, which is not a email at all, but rather a blog. Therefore, for the benefit of the rest of those motherfuckers out there in internectorland, I will write a poem.

To the internectorites.

I like to sing while in the street,
I like to look at people while they eat.
Uncomfortableness is great
To stir shit up and fun create.

Life is crazy, and more so
Than you or I will ever know,
So instead of fighting the universal trend
Become a crazy, and reality bend!

It's fun to take a chance on those
People unknown and folks that one knows:
Ask a stranger about her day
Tell you coworker about a good lay.

No prescription do I mean,
Rather a idea I like you to glean
Life is short, so while you're here
Decide how much you want to be decided by fear.

What now.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: