This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20031023   

Sometimes I want to be a dad.
Michael considered fate at 18:30   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a little girl. Samantha or Gwen or Darcy or Joe. With a kid, it's like having a relationship where all the troubles of a normal relationship just aren't there. I just want one so there is always an adoring no-questions-asked girl in my life. Sure, selfish, but that's the way life goes.

I know, I know. As a dad you can really fuck up. Do drugs, walk out on the fam, drop dead, molest them... Heck, you can even sell them, marry them off for money, or extort them as child stars... And people have done it. People have done some of the most horrid things, and to their very own offspring - It makes gerbils eating their own young seem tame.

But maybe I'm just confident in myself.. Cause I personally don't think avoiding that shit is very hard. I honestly don't think there is a very big moral arguement over sexual involvement with your own offspring.. there isn't, because there just isn't a question about it. It's hardwired to just be wrong. Is that so hard to understand? With a girlfriend, not cheating on her..that's hard sometimes. You get in a big fight, things aren't going great, the single ladies are calling your name and you're a little too drunk to know better...
But molesting your own child? Man, seems like a pretty easy sin to avoid, if you ask me.

Sure, dropping out on the family or maybe doing too many drugs.. That's a more slippery slope. But to get there in the first place is a real bummer, family or not, and I've managed to stay at the top of the hill in that regards, so far, knock on wood, pray to god, all that stuff. I don't think sticking a family into the mix is going to change that. I don't want to be in a drug haze anymore now than if I had kids.

It's all a big no brainer, if you ask me.

But it's like anything in life. Pros and cons abound and right now I'm not ready for a kid. Heck, I'm not even ready for a permenant residence. The idea of having a cell phone gives me responsibility anxiety and every time I'm around a crying kid.. well, snaps me back to reality.

Hullo reality.

Nice to see yah.

It's been a long time...


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: