This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20031118   

The problem with coming in early
Michael considered fate at 09:29   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
is that there really isn't a heck of a lot to do for the first few hours of work.. or at least there really isn't a heck of a lot I *want* to do for the first few hours - how's that?

8am EST on a Tuesday means all those West Coast folks are just starting to groan their way through the early morning sunshine lasering through their blinds and any level-headed person on the East Coast is still in bed. That means there isn't a blog in sight with any worthwhile updates from yesterday - unless I was all heads-down-focused-on-my-work and didn't surf after mid-morning at all and we all know that didn't happen.

So I get to work, do my usual rounds.. you know, yahoo mail, slashdot, tony, jaime (I don't want to be so blinded by the things I think I want that I miss the surprises).. maybe theward, popie, montrealblog. If I'm super bored I'll hit up girls are pretty for a few days worth of laughs (you really gotta wonder how they keep it flowin' over there day in and day out: That's why she bought, sold, bought back, and is now looking for a new buyer for that baby Heather) and maybe if I've given her sufficient time since the last visit I'll pop into bunnie's place and have a looksee at the european vacation (He moved in close to me and kissed me full on the lips, but I extracted myself from it, feeling a little uncomfortable with it. Thinking to myself that it would be just too strange for me to be the lover of two brothers, but then again stranger things have happened).

When I've exhausted my possibilities and even visited a few random links and I still haven't gotten through my first cup of coffee cause it's that early in the morning and no one has posted crap and I'm bored out of my gourd than I hit up my site meter for some friendly (and depressing) statistics - like more people have come to my site looking for information about the new sony vaio than anything else in the last few days.. and more depressing is even those people are going to get what they want.

But you know.. screw it. Saturday I put in a new stove. okay, not new - really old. 15 years old, at least. Probably 20. Maybe as old as I am, for all I know. But it was a serious improvement on the tiny piece of crap we had before. It was free. It fit perfectly - more perfect in many ways than the smaller crappier one we had before. It even took the power cord from the smaller crappier one and I got it transported to me for free and and and... the landlord will pay me for it. Free stove. Free apartment improvement. Get paid for it. My kind of deal.

Sometimes things do work out.. for the best.

What does that mean, "for the best"? Who is anyone kidding? There is no best. Best is always relative and never absolute. To make the best of ill fortune or a bad bargain is the best you'll ever do. Ha. get it?

Like this morning. In at 8am and what've I gained? Nothing. What've I lost? Nothing. Like Monty Python's song.. Came from nothing gone to nothing, always look on the bright side of life..



What's with Pink and her androgeny look, anyway?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: