This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20031229   

I've learned a lot
Michael considered fate at 10:57   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Sometimes when you learn a lot you don't quite notice it. You go on with your life a little smarter, a little more wise, but not quite aware of it.. but sometimes you know you've learned a lot.. and that's dangerous.

It's knowing that makes you forget. Conciousness kills. The best stuff I ever knew I learned was the first I forgot and I'm still trying to remember it to this day.

Like who framed roger rabbit.

Damn if I forget who that was. Oh well.

But my point is that I learned something this weekend and I didn't even open up a textbook. I didn't read a newspaper or watch the television and I didn't listen to anybody lecture, either. I just walked inside my own head, sat down, and stared at the blank walls - all buddha like.

People want to believe. That's what I learned.

Celebrities, my friends, are just as miserable as you and I.. don't get me wrong - they are having fun partying or popping out little baby celebrities or riding in their bling blizizzle or whatnot.. but they're no better off than the next guy.

Human Condition.

My man with no plan, Jaime, he's workin NYC over like a prize fighter. He's hammering his left jabs in there between uppercuts and sidewinders and he's livin. Drives a jeep around North America, politely declines all the hot kiddies hitting on him every night, and flys to Scotland just for the heck - why not? But he sure tries to convince you he's the down-and-outest of the down-and-out. Not in a material sense, but in some sense that we all get and understand but can't quite explain. Like how relatives at Christmas.. gosh it's good to see them but... but..

Human Condition

My man with the anti-plan, Anti, he's livin - L, I, V, I, N in L, A - and rollin' in a pickup and bubblin' the bowls and tony says he's probably having lots of sex with the ladies. Stop. Read his blog. He sounds like the most down and out motherfucker you know. He makes it sound like holidays with the family is a pain in the ass and paying the bills is like trying to ride the tilt-a-whirl with a hangover and shit, he's still partyin.

Human Condition.

Don't get me wrong. The man could be a lot better off. He could be happier, maybe a few notches up the happiness meter, but he's not and that doesn't make him any less a rockstar than the next guy.. who doesn't play guitar.. who isn't in a band.. but you get my point, yah?..

My man with a plan, Tony.. he sounds a little happier but if you pay real close attention he's got it too: the Human Condition. A little twitch in his speech, a slight melancholy. Makes me happy to hear it there in his voice because it means he isn't a fabrication of NBC or the WB. It means he isn't some experiment by Universal Studios in new media entertainment.. It means he is not a robot or a cray supercomputer cranking out blog posts in some dark room somewhere, pulling random picks off of eonline.com. It means he is a human cranking out blog posts in some dark room somewhere, pulling random picks off of eonline.com.

Rock on.

So I learned it before, probably, but I'll forget it again and learn it again and that's what's great about it.

I learned that the misery makes way - clears a path - for the happiness and soothing experience of life. Melancholy is like the foam bathtub cleaner - you need to let it sit in the tub and slowly work at the hard-water stains before you wash it away down the spiral drain with the hairs and dirty soap.. all this before you can get that pearly white glisten of a clean tub.

But you can't much appreciate a clean tub if you've never known a dirty one and a clean tub only exists for a single moment of time, after which it begins the slow spiral down into grime and misery, dirt and despair.. Which is great, cause then you can clean it again.

Human Condition.

If we remembered everything we were ever taught we'd run out of new stuff to learn and that would be a crying bore, wouldn't it? There wouldn't be much point in crossword puzzles, that's for sure.

Luckily I've already forgot what this post was about. I think I'll go learn me some good stuff over again.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: