This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20031204   

the problem is
Michael considered fate at 14:35   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
The problem with coming into work with a small black winter hat pulled down over your brow is that everyone asks you dumb questions. Most of them revolve around longshoreman jokes but a few really struggling folk say things like "Come from the hood?" as if a black winter cap signifies all that is inner city livin'. It's my own personal version of "Sounds like somebody has a case of the Monday's" from Office Space. Argh. You might think the comments would taper off by mid-afternoon but they don't. People still wander by and chuckle at their infinite wit as they say "Hey, going down to the docks today?" The worst thing is probably that they all think they were the first to come up with it.

The problem with coming into work after 10am is people actually notice. 10 or earlier and no one looks up.. they're all still groggy from the morning commute and aren't feeling too friendly yet. But after 10 the caffeine has been flowing for awhile and everyone has happy smiles are painted on their faces and I have to deal with a "How's it going?" here and there. They don't care how it is going.. I think they ask because they think they have to and then I respond, "not bad," typically, because I feel like I have to but I don't, ever, ask them how I am doing even though I feel like I have to because someone's gotta break the vicious cycle.

The problem with wearing wool pants, and this is a mystery to me, is that it makes your balls itch. You'd think that a good layer of cotton boxers between you and the wool would be sufficient to block out any ideas of itchiness but it doesn't. It's almost a psychological phenomenon.. if you believe it will be itchy, you will scratch.

Speaking of scratching, I finally scratched Casablanca off my list of to-see movies and it was definitely a good watch. Just goes to show you that factories can output quality product, sometimes. Sure, maybe it was a fluke.. but what some people forget sometimes is that individuals turn out a lot of crap on top of the few diamonds of wisdom they produce... so it goes with mass production and is that so horrible? eh. such is life.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: