This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20031205   

what fer?
Michael considered fate at 00:34   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
The problem with this blog thing is that I don't play the game right. You would think that a technology so new, a cultural movement so young, there wouldn't be a right and wrong way to play the game already. You'd think that the ground work was still being laid out. You might imagine, also, that no rules had yet been written down and politicians had yet to fight over them. Well, you'd be wrong. That's the things with these humans.. everythings all predetermined to a certain degree. The human race, you see, is really the very definition of a social network - is The social network, really.. the social network to end all social networks (except the ones where dolphins talk to humans and monkeys take over the world). The internet of social networks, as it were. Now, given that.. can that network ever be the sum of more than it's parts? Which is to say, can a part exist not within, but without the actual social network - an antisubnetwork - and thereby define rules and regulations not possible within the confines of The network... all while being a part of The network?

The long answer, if you didn't pick up on it yet, is no.

A set, with it's own set of rules, can not contain a subset with rules that break the rules of the greater whole, now can it? Of course not.

Which is the long way around saying I don't play the game very well, even though there are already many rules on blogging and also I am, at the very least, aware of their existence. Rules like "link early, link often" and "gossip like it's your job" and "talk tv" and even "sex sells". As you can see on here the links are far and few between and you know, it's mostly cause I got nothing to say about it. I could, if you wanted, come here and write every day about how tony has done it again and talked dirty about anna and how he writes some good shit.. but you already know that. I could, if you'd like, make some of my own deriding comments on the paris hilton fiasco but you really have plenty to read as it is. I could go on and on about the dude on survivor who totally shouldn't have gotten voted off but got voted off and that's a shame cause I would never have voted him off even if he voted me off no, nah uh, no way... well that one is self-explainatory, no?

I could write about my love life. Would you like that, folks? I could write about alllll the women I'm dating and playing one-against-the-other like a crazed game of break out with four balls going at once. I could tell you about the law clerk that I made out with this morning while we waited, shivering, at the bus stop and how she promised to be my lawyer if I ever killed anyone, anyone at all.. but then again I don't take the bus.

I did write about a love interest once and it didn't really work out too well. I don't think anyone cared cause I never got any. What fun is the hike if you can't jump in the stream at the end, right? I know I know.. but I just can't seem to sign on to the fact that my life has an merit whatsoever as a spotlightable piece. I'm not complaining about my life. I'm not unhappy with my life. I just don't think it makes for very interesting reading.. not yet anyway.

Maybe if, someday, I move to Italy and start dating twins.. rich ones.. with a helicopter.. maybe then I'll start writing some more detail. Maybe I'll get a personal photographer to follow me around and take pictures of all the hot babes that want my ass and then I could put them up here, all of them, for the good people of the internet. Maybe.

So I don't play by the rules and I don't link much and I don't go around leaving too many comments on peoples sites and I'm not sure why. Don't get me wrong, I do some.. just not much. It's a seriously creepy comparison of my real life social network. Sorta involved, but sorta not. Bad about making phone calls but excellent about returning them. That means that if you ever see me linking like a whore you know I'm trying awfully hard because it's not my nature at all. I'm not the talk to strangers type and it's more a function of utilitarianism than anything. I don't talk to the store clerk other than to tell them how much the untagged item was. I order my beer in the most concise way possible. I just never have much to say so I don't open my mouth unnecessarily..

Which is awfully funny cause I can shut the hell up if I find a friendly ear to chomp on.

that is all.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: