This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040107   

Michael considered fate at 15:12   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Part of me thinks I should be taking lots of pictures every day. I should be buying a nice solid digital camera and I should be snap-snap-snapping shots like there ain't no tomorrow and I should be taking full advantage of the iBook sitting in my bedroom. I should be categorizing and cataloging and collecting all the pictures I'm not taking and I should make them available, for you, on the web, day or night, good or bad. Or maybe just good. I should trim off the fat and gristle and deliver to you some amazing photos that will show you the world in a way you've never looked at it before... in a way I have never looked at it before, even. I should I should I should.

Cameras are an amazing thing.

I should be shooting film every day. I should be compiling reams of tape for my ground-breaking documentary called 'Metrosexual' which follows my best friend, the gayest non-gay you'll find in such a backwards state as Maine, through his many misadventures with women, electronic gadgets, and hair care products. I should be editing this film down, at night, when I have nothing better to do but clip my toenails but I can't even find the clippers.

Someone said 'nail scissors' the other day. They use scissors to clip.. er, cut.. their nails. Isn't that kind of creepy? I envision sliced cuticles and bleeding corners. I don't like.

Then again, I am not a metrosexual.

I should be writing every day. four, five, six times a day and for an hour or more. If I'm too lazy to do any work at work I could at least do some at home and have something to show for my early twenties, right?

Early twenties.

What a sham.

Jaime keeps talking about the book he is writing. If you've been paying attention I'd say he has some heavy hitting topics to share and I'm sure it's going to be interesting. He has a nice easy writing style and I never find myself bored half way through one of his posts.. But if he can write a book, why can't I?

Cause I don't date strippers, I guess.

I'm going to try, though. I've been working secretly on a book for some time now, no one really knows at all actually. I guess the cat is out of the bag, huh? Whoops. I'm working on it in two parts really, the fiction and the non-fiction but it's all going to be one and the same when it comes to an end. Sometimes I find it easy to work on short stories that will make their way into the book, but are small enough to be approachable problems. A short story has an ending. From the beginning of a short story you can look down the hallway and see the end of it. It's where I'm starting with this whole book thing and maybe someday I'll actually finish it, though maybe someday I won't.

It's going to be good, regardless.

So I'm starting this spattering of intellectual/artistic output by signing up for a buzznet account. You can see over there on the left of this blog there is now a 'Buzznet' banner and above it there might be a few pictures. That's my buzznet photoblog syndicated to this site. What that means is you'll be able to come here and see the last few photos I have posted up on my photoblog and you'll even be able to click on them to get a better view of things.

I don't have any photos up there for you yet, just my ratty old wallet.

But it's a start.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: