This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040126   

caps, hats, toques, and all manner of things.
Michael considered fate at 10:14   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I dig on this and this.

hats are cool.

When I was younger I had a thing for berets. I was that kid who was sorta dorky and always wearing something strange on his head when the rest of the kids were wishing for fitted red sox caps. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved a good baseball cap. Especially one that fits just right.

Females take note: Nothing quite improves a girls looks than slapping a baseball cap on top of her head. I don't know what it is, really, but it's nice. Maybe it makes them more approachable or more down to earth or more chill or more happy-go-lucky. I'm not sure. It probably has something to do with the fact that it's the exact opposite of accessorizing with that new Prada bag or those Gucci shoes. Does Gucci even make shoes?

Of course there is a time and place for everything. Don't whip out that yankees hat for the prom or that important job interview. Unless it's for a waitress at a lobster shack.. in which case you shoulda probably make sure it's a red sox hat, not the yankees.

But I stand by my claim. If a girl isn't made more attractive by a baseball cap then she was probably pretty hideous to begin with.

Sorry.

But my hats.. they weren't all baseball caps. They were long toques with balls on the end. They were berets - red, green, purple velvet. They were jester hats and cabbie hats and cowboy hats and top hats. They were porkpies and fur-skinned. All manners, shapes, and sizes. I liked a good hat.

Never owned a do-rag, though.

When I was a freshman in high school I wore a Gap black baseball cap with a tan suede bill. It fit very well and I was practically inseperable. You weren't aloud caps in school, of course, so I had to take it off whenever I was inside the building. My good friend Matt liked to call it the Geek Beacon and insisted that I had to lose it if I ever hoped to pick up the chicks.. but I didn't listen. I loved that hat. It eventually got stolen one day out of my science classroom and when I lamented my forgetfulness for even leaving it in the first place. It was a sad day in the life of hats.

Funny enough is the fact that the only things I can readily recall getting stolen in my life are hats. Three up to this point. I have a few friends that seem to get everything stolen. CDs. Bikes. Computers. You name it. Me, I just get my hats stolen. It's funny like that because the guy who got his CDs stolen.. they were probably some of the most important possessions in his life. Ditto for the computer dude. Me, I loved my hats. Especially the ones that got stolen. It's funny how that works.

I still like a good hat but I don't wear them nearly as much. I've learned a guy has to know how to look good without hiding under anything. I know there is something to be said for a well groomed head of hair so I save the hats for the days when I don't shower or things are particularly staticy upstairs.

Right now I stick with my white Wisconsin cap with it's red W on the front. I like to show pride in Wisconsin even though my only connection to it is a sister in graduate school there. The problem with that hat, though, is that it's white so it gets pretty grimy pretty quickly so I'm having to wash it all the time. It's wearing a bit now. Saddest thing in life is how fast a good hat will wear out.

That and the fact that everyone thinks my Wisconsin hat is Wendy's.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: