This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040126   

Michael considered fate at 22:43   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
It always sneaks up and surprises me how completely cruel I can be. I'm not sure of the evolutionary significance of cruelty but there seems no doubt that it's here, it's in our blood. You see it every day and we all pretend to be aghast but don't tell me you're not wet between the legs every once in awhile to see a good beating or a kid get yelled at. It's one of life's guilty pleasures.

I can't say I like to see animals abused or nothing but I like some of it.

I once asked a girl out by saying: "Hey, you wanna go down to the park and throw rocks at old people?" I was only half joking. Nah, I could never do it cause I'm as weak as the next guy but there is a little part of me inside that really wants to just pick up as many pebbles as I can hold and dive bomb the closest nursing home. Up and chuck some nuggets of wisdom, if you know what I mean.

There is some humour in there somewhere.

It's probably the same humour that comes chuckling out when I read Girls Are Pretty (they wear makeup cause they're ugly and the smell bad). It's probably the same humour that makes me laugh out loud to myself while sitting in my cubicle parusing grouphug.us - which if you haven't visited, you should. It's damn funny.

If you've never been down to grouphug, then get your ass down there. It's good at-work fodder if you're bored but it's probably best enjoyed on a truly depressing Saturday night alone, with a bottle or three of your favourite brew... or Wine - the kind that gets better the cheaper it is. The whole site, mainly, is an anonymous admission site. Like an unreligious confessional. It's great. It's like reading a soap opera without having to get to know the characters. It's like watching COPS, only you skip over the dumb chases and beatings and get straight to the bums tellin' you why they stole that can 'o paint to sniff and get high. The bums *always* have a reason for stealing the can of paint. Always.

There is something about the outright and unabashed anonymous admission of cruel, irregular, hard thoughts. I love it.

My Dad always said he'd take a bum over a rich man as a traveling partner anyday because the down-and-out are where the real character is in this country. He said people at the bottom, struggling and scratching to get the pile off them - those were the ones that had really interesting things to say and crazy things to do and that's where the stories in this world really are. That's what he said. I'll tell you, I'm inclined to believe him.

Content is a good synonym for Complacent.

I can't write shit when I'm truly happy and I wouldn't want to listen to that crap in the first place. Who would? It's crap.

I wouldn't blame you if you didn't come back.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: