This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040323   

Maybe just maybe...
Michael considered fate at 10:47   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I realize that my buzznet pictures are suffering because of my lack of a digital camera. I realize I'd be more interesting if I had pictures to post with my comments. I realize a lot of things and so, I realize that I don't really know what's a good camera and what's bad so maybe, just maybe, if I ask nicely and I make a post, like this, with links to all my favourite blogger photographers - like Jaime from The Known Universe and Tony Pierce from the Busblog - then they will post a comment here telling me what sort of camera they use or what sort of camera they'd like to have or whatever.

I could head out onto the innernector and grab me a shitload of information, relative comparisons, prices.. but unless I have some direction I'll go bonkers.

So I'd rather get some feedback from people who seem to know what they are doing. Like Kristin and Moxie.

I already talked to anti about it - he rocks out with a sony mavica which I've used before (not his, but a mavica). They are these great big behemoths that use floppies for storage - floppies, remember those? But I loved it because the last thing I want to do is play some dumb memory-stick wars with my electronics companies. If you haven't been paying attention that's all they've been doing lately - coming up with new proprietary memory formats, making you pay through the nose for them even though they won't work with anything BUT your camera - not your camcorder, not your mp3 player, nothing - then after you paid through the nose they make them obsolete and you have to buy something else. And when you want to use the stick to actually transfer anything to your PC you need SOMETHING ELSE like a memory stick reader. It's all quite painful.. which is why I love the sony mavica.

Personally, though, just gimme a firewire jack out the back and I'd be happy. I'm not sure why anything has to be removable these days anyway. Message to manufacturer:

A) Implement Firewire Interface

B) Crampack the device with gads of RAM - it's cheap and you're just being dumb if you don't.

C) Profit!

No kidding. Just give the goddamned kiddies what they want and they'll spend spend spend. No joke. Even me! And I'm a cheap bastard of the worst kind.

BigBadanti: yah dude, on tony's blog there is proof of my pimpness
BritCoal: yah, i saw that man
BritCoal: recognized it was you from your shirt
BigBadanti: hahahah
BigBadanti: really, the shirt?!
BritCoal: yah
BigBadanti: that's hilarious to me for some reason

Oh, and for better or worse whether you like it or not, here comes Sargent Tony's Lonely Girls Club Band issue two:

L I C K   M A G A Z I N E




Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: