This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040318   

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary saftey deserve neither liberty not saftey.-- Benjamin Franklin
Michael considered fate at 16:51   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I clicked into this blogger post with absolutely no idea what I was going to write about but I'm so goddamn fucking amazing that I will, no doubt, turn this post into a mind-altering drug-like mega-monologue of the nth-degree.

I had the weirdest dreams the other night. I know I know, nothing worse than some schlep writing about their dreams on a blog.. except maybe having to listen to the schlep relay their dream in conversation, but bare with me here.. it's for a good cause. One dream I remember involved a certain someone and she was extremely good to me in the nicest ways which is odd because she never is in real life. Another dream I remember involved three young college girls - most certainly undergraduates. They also, were quite nice though I don't believe I've ever seen them before.

Now you think I'm being dirty..

But I'm not.

They were just really nice. Granted they were wearing skimpy clothing and what not but what truly put a smile to my face was their attitude. Personality. They were just nice. Friendly. Talkative. Animated.

I guess what I'm saying is somehow that stands out: being friendly. In this day and age everyone is just so.. bummed out. Or tired. Overworked. Whatever. They have a different excuse every day but does that justify it? No. Not one bit.

We're all on this big ship together so you might as well get used to it. No, you don't have to like everyone or bring everyone on your block cookies during the holidays.. I'm just asking for a smile on the bus or a nod in the grocery line or a how-do-yah-do in the morning when I'm walking out to my car and your dog is busy shitting on my lawn. Is that too much to ask?

Some people like to say that I'm not too friendly. Sort of ornery, even. But they're wrong. I'm just shy. Comes across in different ways to different folks and sometimes it comes across as grumpy, even. It's too bad cause they're just not looking very hard.

Am I not looking very hard?

Are you all friendly out there?



Am I missing the point?

I dunno. Get out there today and say hi to someone. Ask them about the book they are reading or why they're frowning or if they need any help with that big box they are carrying.

Walking downtown the other day, eating my sandwich, minding my own business, I crossed paths with a woman cleaning the snow off her car. I stopped and helped her clear off the passenger side. Didn't say anything cause it's not my style. I told you I was shy. I just swiped my arm in big angel-making swaths across the windshield for a few seconds. It really took me all of a few seconds. Wasn't necessary to do it but what the fuck? I wasn't in a rush. She thanked me and drove off but a minute later she came driving back from the direction she had gone. She pulled up and said "Hey, uh.. do you need a ride anywhere? I'm heading that way". She jerked her thumb towards downtown and looked at me inquisitively. It seemed clear that she had had an epiphany just then that had caused her to turn around and ask me if I wanted a ride. Call it the good-samaritan epiphany or the help-one-help-another epiphany. Whatever. It worked though and I got a ride and she got a clean windshield. It's just too bad it took the one to get the other. It shouldn't be about that.

If all of life was give only to take it wouldn't last too long before the whole system crumbled right down to nothing. It takes a little risk to get reward - that's the beauty inherent in the system - and without it we'd be missing something infinitely important - something essential in making us human - creatures of this earth.

Still, though, it's a bummer I didn't get any in my dreams.. It's a constant plight of mine. One that I've been forced to think upon for a long time and I can only come to two conclusions: 1) I never get sex in my dreams because I'm sexually satisfied in my real life, or 2) I never get any in my dreams because I'm terribly frustrated sexually in my real life. Both options seem just as likely.

Still, though, it's a bummer.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: