This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040512   

blooger
Michael considered fate at 17:13   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
None too happy with the blooger folks these days but I'm alright with that cause we can't please everyone all of the time. Heck, hard enough to please some of the people some of the time or even, *gasp*, one person one time.

I think I might have pleased two people once, at the same time.. but that was a pretty big deal. And no, not what you're thinking.. unfortunately.

I figure they are trying.. they're innovating.. they are improving.. they are experiencing technical difficulties and, hell, that is to be expected. Would hope people would give me a break if I was in their shoes so that's just what I'll do.

Give 'em a break.

Up here in Maine we have a dumbass campaign for the roadworkers. It's to try and get people to slow down in construction zones. They have these big orange signs they throw up: "Give 'em a Brake". They think they are funny with their little puns but I have a nagging feeling that it just pisses people off and makes them drive faster. Maybe.

None too happy with myself lately cause my brain is kicking and screaming out a little temper-tantrum about making these looming life decisions. What can you do? To be expected, I suppose.. but it's making everyday harder and harder. It's making general thinking tasks harder. It's raising my body temperature and giving me hallucinations..

Okay, I guess I can't blame graduate school decisions on the hallucinations.. but whatever. It's tough. I'm not enjoying the process. I want to be there, or here, NOW, with the decision made, executed, and done. I don't want to wait.

If patience is a virtue I'm certainly not virtuous.

These days I don't even have the patience to write a worthwhile blog post and make it make any sense. I don't re-read or edit or spell check. I don't do much, but whine bitch and complain.

Speaking of, what I'd really like to be doing is talking about the horrendous photos coming out of Iraq and how it must look to the rest of the world. They are pretty much making the U.S. look like a buncha Nazi fuckers.. and that's just it, we probably are a buncha Nazi fuckers. We're heading up a large military operation and shit is bound to get nasty down in the trenches, sure, but is it really necessary (I don't care how much fucking stress you are under) .. is it REALLY necessary to be treating prisoners like.. do you.. what?..

It makes me too mad to even verbalize about it.

This shouldn't be a discussion. This shouldn't be a debate. It's far too simple to even call it a "no-brainer". It just is. The United States of America should represent itself on the world stage with honour and, at the very least, follow international moral and ethical codes - despite what everyone and anyone else might do. In fact we as a nation - the U.S. of A. - should be holding ourselves to a higher standard - JUST BECAUSE.

If you ask me there should be some war crimes trials really soon. Not U.S. trials but INTERNATIONAL trials. The defendants, among others, should be everyone from the U.S. military involved in this - from the private all the way up through the ranks to any on-site officers and even further up if there is any hint of evidence that even higher-ups knew even one iota of what was happening at ground zero out there in the desert.

I'm all for supporting the troops. I'm all for saying "good going, guys". I'm all for thanking young poverty stricken minorities for fighting the wars of the white rich. But only if they fucking EARN IT.

I fear for this nation. I fear for the race of man. I fear that there will be major apocalypse in the near future. Twenties years from now the political and physical landscape could look far different than anything we could imagine right now.

and I'm scared.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: