This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040507   

laundry
Michael considered fate at 12:36   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
The bad thing about doing your laundry all at once a few times a year is that sock matching becomes a major bitch. Each run through I end up with 6 or 10 spares that have no partner and man, are they the sad little singles bunch. I just wrap them all together and they sit in my lower bin like a buncha schleps at a dive bar on tuesday at 4pm.

But then..

BUT Then..

A few months later I'll do another laundry run - it's usually 6 or 7 loads at once but I've gone for as many as 9 - and I'll whip out those singles from the lower bin and see if they can meet a girlfriend or boyfriend in the fresh new pile. Sometimes they get lucky. Last run through I had 12 singles all milling about the bus stop like their long-lost bestest-girlfriend-ever was coming to visit via greyhound and somehow it happened. 9 of those 12 suckers got hitched. No joke.

It took me close to an hour just to sort through all the socks but hey, now there are only 3 sad singles in the lower bin... and it'll be a few months yet before I have to think about laundry again.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: