This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040527   

weird, memory, remember that, old and gone, oh yah!
Michael considered fate at 14:43   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
In writing my last post - the quiz questions - I was thinking back to those heady days of blog-discovery.. One of my daily reads back then when I first started my job and needed break-time reading to take the edge off was www.theminister.net. It's down now. The main stint on it was a group blog seemingly formed by a close knit crew of friends. There was much postage by all and I always admired that as a good example of what blogs could be: a great interactive conversation thing. I guess one could always say "a mailing list would do just as well" but blogs give you something more. Whether it's photos, the way things are layed out, or just the general feel of things blogs are more than a mailing list.. and one could argue that they are more conducive to viewing.. So it begs the question: who would want to eavesdrop on the discussion between a close group of friends? Aw, hell, I dunno... the same people who seem to find all this reality TV actually entertaining? Just a thought. Enuff said. Anyhow, the curator (shall we call him) of theminister.net was a dude named Ezra Fowler who got way too many Better Than Ezra jokes thrown his way. At some point - whether due to boredom, depression, or some life change - Ezra stopped posting. Soon, he took the site down for good. He stopped cold turkey. As is often the case with strangers, I never figured out the back story. For awhile after the site was gone I would wondered what really happened..

Today I was at tony's reading kitty bukkake's quiz questions.. from the comments I surfed over to bunnie's new post and in her comments I noticed a respondee she had named btezra (note: better than). Funny that, I remember a dude posting on theminister.net who used that screename. Funny that I even remember it, it was so long ago. Funny that, when I checked out his whatthehellhappenedlastnight site the post at the very tippy top of the page was from none other than:

you guessed it, ezra_fowler.

Apparently he is back and has been back since Feb, 2003. He is over at underlock but calling himself "meadow scotch".

update: it was not kitty's site where i saw the btezra comment, it was bunnie's site


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: