This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040729   

The Gallon Milk Challenge
Michael considered fate at 17:36   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
So at our guys-weekend-camp-getaway did not only include laxative pranks but the famous one-gallon-of-milk-in-one-hour challenge. The legend goes that your body cannot process enough enzymes to digest that much milk in so short a time.. from my experiences most people can get approximately half-way through by the hour time limit and no one I know has ever gotten close.



So on Saturday my friend grabbed himself a gallon of 2% and headed down to the lake. He powered through 2 glasses in the first minute, and by the 5th minute he was down a good 1/3rd.

I fear he was too eager. By minute 20 he was complaining and had not gotten much closer to the half mark and by 40 minutes he crossed 50% by a few ounces. At this point he was in much pain..

At minute 43 he called the challenge off and sat still in a chair, despondently staring at the floor and holding his stomach. It was some time before he was back to his 100% self, needless to say.

Another friend, disappointed that he may not see some puke, dared me to try to drink the remaining 45% in 15 minutes.. Not to ignore a challenge I immediately accepted and a minute into things he reduced my time limit to 10 minutes.

Needless to say I was not able to finish either. I got close to 40% of the gallon down but couldn't finish that last bit and at 10 minutes, 30 seconds I called my end of the game off as well.

I was in pain.

Although my friend did not puke, I was not going to put myself through the painful time that I had been watching him have so I made it to the bathroom and proceeded to expel my morning breakfast along with the excess dairy. Eww.

The first mouthful was not milk at all.. it was more like milk, whipped into a gooey liquid-marshmellow type substance. It was not good.

Not good at all.

Although I did feel much better afterwards.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: