This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040714   

I honestly don't know why I have post titles enabled
Michael considered fate at 18:56   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
since I never feel like typing anything in them.

If I were a newspaper, I'd have no headlines.

If I were a box of macaroni and cheese, I'd be a no-name brand.

So it also occurred to me just now that I could save this post for another time and then I thought - who am I kidding? I'll forget it or be too lazy to post it or have time to realize how dumb it is. That's the thing with blogging - instant gratification.

I can post this now and ten minutes from now or one hour from now or sometime in the next day, someone will read it. Doesn't mean it's good or worth reading or interesting, but someone will read it.

continuing on with the post:

During my brief hiatus in the woods I managed to come to terms with a few things in my life. One of them is that I am a HCI (Human-Computer-Interaction) zealot. A critic. Whathaveyou. I despise poor UI design. I can't stand perfectly good programs with unusable frontends. It drives me absolutely batty.. which is why I've been writing an awful lot about Apple, Mac OS X, and iTunes.

To all my readers who don't give a flying fuck I apologize with all my heart. I feel your pain.

For me it's sort of like reading tony and all that political mumbojumbo that I don't give a flying fuck about just for the other good tidbits, but, you know what? God forbid - I sometimes learn something over there. Sometimes I pick up some news (cause frankly I can't stand mass media). Sometimes I see a new viewpoint. Sometimes I get angry like I even, *gasp*, care. Is that the worst thing in the world??

Would it be horrible if I turned one or two of you onto good UI design? Would it be horrible if one or two of you actually started to care if your programs, VCRs, iPods, PDAs, sneakers were actually usable? Would that be a bad thing? If all the companies that made complete crap started to see sales slumps and companies who spent the time that should be spent on these sorts of things started to see some growth - would that be bad.

Okay, so I'm not going to effect an entire market's economy.. but one small step at a time kids.

So that all being said I have an announcement to make right here and now:

If she runs, I will vote for Hilary Clinton in 2008.

Yes. Me. I. You heard it here first.

Why? Because as fiscally conservative as I may be, as much of a insensitive clod as I may be, I do believe in advancement, innovation, and I believe it's about time to get something done around here. Let's let the Clinton wearing the pants in the family actually run the place for a bit. Why not? Just for fun.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure the hardcoats in the democratic party are sweating really badly right now. All they need is a lose to the republicans in November and they'll have a dilemma on their hands: A Hilary ticket in 2008! Gosh. Gasp. Oh no! For real.. I think these chauvinist democrats would love to see Kerry win if only so that they can insure an incumbent dem in 2008... so they won't have to see Clinton on the ticket. If Bush wins again, they're screwed. If Kerry can win then he's in for 4 and at least running in 2008 and that makes the next option for Clinton in 2012 - not likely as she'll be in a wheelchair by then. Okay, so she isn't that old but do the math. It'll either be Kerry till 2012 at which point America will be sick from the social programs and they'll be voting republican in swarms, or Kerry will be beaten out in 2008 and if he is then it'll be a smooth operator who can manage the re-elect in 2012.

Plus, 2012.. that's a long time from now. If I was Clinton I'd be sick of it all by then.

That's my opinion, I'm sticking to it.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: