This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040727   

Money
Michael considered fate at 18:12   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
When I was young - very young - so young I can't remember young (like, maybe 4) I made my first ever consumer purchase. I marched into Kmart - or was it Ames?.. Zayres? - and I counted out the roughly $2.32 (guesstimate) for a Princess Leia figure in her bounty hunter outfit from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. It even came with the obnoxiously long gun she carried and her full-face helmet.



At the time I had a little wicker basket that I kept change in and I recall the purchase pretty much wiping me out.. $2.32! How times have changed, indeed.

Sometime during the day on Monday, July 26th, 2004 tony asked for money. He said:

today we will find out how long it will take
for the busblog to get an ipod
from its wonderful readers

click the ipod to donate $10 to 20.


A mere day later and he has amassed $170.33 in U.S. funds. Consider this for a moment. Consider how we use money and what it means to us. Consider how much different our perceptions about money and our reality with money is. Consider charity and non-profit organizations penny pinching and consider Enron CEOs stealing millions. Consider Bush's projected $477 billion dollar deficit.

It hurts me brain just to think of it.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: