This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040707   

montreal
Michael considered fate at 13:35   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Been asked over and over about the upcoming move - "are you excited to be going back to montreal?" the locals here ask me - "are you pumped to be coming back?" the montrealers inquire.. Yah, and frankly, it's just a big dark cloud right now.. the moving, the dealing with address changes and vehicles and furniture. The disruption of routine, the juggling of dates and times and setup fees and cancelling services and signing up for stuff. It's all a big hassle.



Feeling excited, at least, to be back in the city for the pure sake of taking pictures. Montreal is a great town with a load of history and a ton of events. I dare say it's one of the most amazing towns in the world, but that's coming from backwoods-boy so what do I know? I think LA is a mindtrap, New York is a dump, and Boston is over-priced. I think San Fran is way too uber-hipster-gay-maybe-not-gay-take-me-home-and-find-outish.



I think it probably rains too much in Seatle and Chicago is too spread out. I think Houston, Austin, Dallas - fuck it's hot down there, and don't even get me started on St Louis. I think Tokyo is too crowded and London is overrated and Paris is snobbery at it's best. I think Rome is grimy, Rio is slummed out, and Hong Kong is just too much..



but I'm a small town Maine boy so what do I know?

Caught the Chapelle show for the first time last night and he did a parody of the Real World.. He had a house full of badass african americans with one naive whiteboy. When the girlfriend came to visit, she came from Maine..



I think that was a joke about Maine.

But regardless, Montreal is as international as you can get and a fun town to boot so I shall be taking as many pictures as I can think to take when I get up there.. just for you. Cause, somehow, there is shit to see. I don't know why there isn't here.. I love the woods but I guess if you've seen one tree you've seen them all. Plus, taking a camera out of your bag here in Maine.. it's like ruining the tranquil moment you had with nature. It's like trying to preserve a moment that is only beautiful because it's a single moment no longer obtainable. I dunno.



So right now I'm just taking my inspiration from, of course, jaime.. Maybe I can get my ass in gear enough to capture some cool grafitti and some crazy shop signs.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: