This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040829   

Michael considered fate at 03:17   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
The drive from Maine was uneventful but when I got into the city proper, montreal hit me in the face. The late afternoon traffic boxed me in and I got antsy. By the time I'd got onto Sherbrooke I was swearing out the window and then, crap, I saw it:

St Laurent street sale. fuck. Zero way to get to my apartment by anything with more than two wheels. No way to get within 50 meters of my apartment with my car at all, which, of course, is filled right to the brim at this point with all my crap. Luckily, fate falls upon me and I think to check with my friend who was smart enough to leave a message on her machine You've reached.. .. and if this is Mike, meet us for beer at 4:30. It was 4:10 at this point so it fit nicely into my schedule of sit-around-and-be-anxious-about moving shit.. So I was drunk by 6. Really, if you can't accomplish anything, if the time forces you to step back and wait for round two.. well, just get drunk. Might as well.

So the car sat over by campus full of my stuff, just waiting to get broken into, but like the charmed dude that I am it was all fine and dandy sitting there on the hill and I rode it over to some free parking by St. denis and now I'm golden. Got back up here to my apartment and plugged in the laptop. Fired her up and immediately found a wireless point in range, so I'll have to go see how to break WEP encryption now. Not that I can't use the free broadband here but hey, if I don't have to plug in or by a wireless hub than fuck it, might as well steal the neighbours. At this point isn't broadband prevalent enough that we should just say screw it and open it all up to wireless? The true anonymous internetting this world really needs.

Shit, I make no sense. Montreal does that too you, man.



Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: