This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040809   

A man of my own ilk
Michael considered fate at 10:37   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Mandelbrot - the fractal dude (I didn't know he was even still alive, whoops!) - has an open letter (@ Wired) to the Wall Street gurus suggesting we all start looking for the inevitable pattern in economics. If we can map the genome, why can't we map how a man loses his livelihood? he asks. The Slashdot link is here.

Random link? Well, It might be awhile off now but I have said for years that I suspect patterns and trends exist in our financial markets at least enough so that one could get fairly rich if they had even a vague sense of them. Maybe I'm crazy but it's just a system and any system is, ultimately, predictable. There are certain restraints, in my mind, that keep the whole thing from being a truly random or chaotic system. If one could only find these patterns then they might get rich. But the much much more interesting question here is if everyone found these patterns.. THEN what would happen?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: