This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20040807   

On the importance of a relaxed living situation.
Michael considered fate at 20:02   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Thing is, I like to leave the door open. Is that so weird? There is something creepily clausterphobic about being shut in the water closet, pushed up against the toilet bowl like the walls are crawling in on you, sometimes no windows even. Creepy indeed. If you're living by yourself than you already know the joys of the bathroom-door-open-duty.. It's a wonderful feeling - like you're sharing your experience with the world, your open to new ideas, but.. BUT.. no one is watching. This is a good thing.

I suspect the worst thing in the world for me might be to have someone watch me or touch me while I am trying to make my porcelain deposit. It's a very private thing, this deuceage. I just made that word up.

Also, doors and windows. Open - with no screens. Luckily I'm not in a particularly buggy area because I like to have fresh air all the time and I can't stand roommates who complain about the lack of screens. I have screens, I just don't like to pull them down. I like to SEE what is outside, not see what is outside divided into a zillion tiny square blocks. And no locks, either. Locks are for the paranoid and I have no time for the paranoid. Chillax. If they wanted to break in they'd have done it already and are you seriously telling me you have anything worthwhile to steal anyway? I could have my entire apartment rooted and I'd probably only be down a few thousand bucks. It would be more hassle to replace the stuff than it would be to deal with the financial lose.

Which is why I don't believe in renter's insurance.

Clutter, however ugly, is unavoidable really, unless you're living with a neatfreak. Neat freaks are good when they come visit and feel the need to dust and wash and put stuff away but they are not good if you live with them. Neat freaks will keep you clean for the first few months and then you'll drive them absolutely over the edge when you start slipping in your duties. Some dirty socks here, a stray book there. Pretty soon it adds up to real mess and this - THIS my friends - is how people go crazy. I have seen it happen. A man brought to tears, a man changed for life, a man with a nervous twitch everytime you set a glass down on his coffee table without a coaster - THIS is what happens when you play with the neatfreaks.

Live with your clutter and enjoy it because it's who you are... plus, if there was never any mess you wouldn't get that oh-so-clean smug feeling every 6 months when you actually get around to cleaning your room.

Sheets.. I wash, I really do, so why - can anybody tell me - why do I have to wash my sheets every month? I've even heard some germaphobs say every few weeks. That's nuts! I can barely do regular laundry every few months, let alone linens. What do you think I am? Unemployed with all the time in the world for meaningless chores? Honestly, am I any dirtier for sleeping in sheets that are two months old? Am I? If so, skip this next sentence:

I was lying, my current sheets have been on my bed for 7 months.

So if you don't like it, well. Okay. I'm gross...? Sue me. I also don't necessarily take a shower every day or brush my teeth once-in-the-morning-once-at-night. I also don't wash my face. Is that weird? I get in the shower, I soap up, but I never really scrub the face or anything. I also don't have facial soap at the bathroom sink. I don't get up in the morning and splash cold water on my face. I don't exfoliate. Heck, I don't even know what exfoliate means.

Luckily I'm in a relaxed living situation so my roommates don't care. They're chill and relaxed just like me so we get along in our stink and filth. Okay, I get furious when it comes to dishes.. but that's for another day.

A chill living situation is key.

that's all


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: