This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20041009   

i'm just frustrated that things aren't perfect. which is an absurd expectation. but idealism is my middle name.
Michael considered fate at 03:18   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
It occurred to me that I could be all cool and neo-post-modern-classicism (yah, whatever) and do the whole lowercase thing in this here blog, thereby nullifying the need to remember not to case things, which, sure, it'd be easier, but then what - WHAT I tell you - what would I do to emphasis? How would I exclaim? Capitalism - not the kind Reagan was talking about - it's an artform. A real kick in the pants, WHEN you know what you're doing. Interestingly quizzical even if you don't.

So, half my i's are capitalized. Half my I's aren't. sometimes I capitalize the first word of a sentence and then again, Sometimes I don't. Is it the end of the world? No. Is it uniform? Is it proper? Is it? Well IS IT? No, probably not.

But, yet, regardless, today's slang is tomorrow's Emily Post so what-are-you-gonna-do, Huh?

Fuck it. That's what I say. Petition the Oxford English to include fuckit in the next edition as a real true word, derived from the slang of the slums of the sluffs of the world, derived from the very being - the soul if you will - of the beast of language, that ever evolving yet always uniform - no matter what you try to do, you're always there, always back at square one, back to the universal grammar - language of the thing.

Some "scientist" once told me that all language is equal. No one more expressive than the other. None write, nor wrong (joke) - anymore than the next. All made up of the same units, essentially, inside our leetle brains, all formed of the same molten rock pouring forth from between our ears as the earth's crust is built from the lava of mt st. h-to-the-e-l-en's and, you know, a few others of note.

So fuckit. Call it good. Drop the capital. say it like you mean it. And most of all, don't sweat the small stuff.

yah Dig?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: