This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20041008   

mlb gameday
Michael considered fate at 18:02   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Not one to drool over baseball but I gots nothing here.. no NHL.. and NFL on Sunday's and Monday's only, what's a guy to do on a friday afternoon? Plus, it's the Red Sox. Who doesn't like a little wind-up, let-down for a stress reliever after a hard week? Who doesn't like to see their favourite team raise raise raise their hopes, only to dash them at the very last second?

Well, not me.. so I'm payin attention, see? Thing is, here in the land of milk and.. well, mostly milk - Quebec, I don't get the game on the TeeVee so I am resorting to mlb.com's GameDay which is a Macromedia flash interface that reports the game play by play along with stats, a pretty little picture of a baseball diamond and the runners on, where the hits have landed, etc, etc, etc. It's really a marvel of modern technology. For every lamo webpage flash intro out there that makes you ask WHAT the fuck did I download this flash plugin for?, there is a baseball game on GameDay that makes up for it. It's really the way baseball was meant to be enjoyed. Combine it with the live audio and you'd really be cruising but I don't gots me speakers hooked up cause I'm a wanker. Point is, it's great. Instead of watching a boring game and listening to annoying colour announcers (when they aren't dying in their sleep, that is) you get to have all the stats right in front of you, gazillions of numbers to appreciate, cute little pictures of the player's mug shots (oohh, i like.. they are sooo cute, aren't they?) and you can even see who is on deck, in the hole, warming up in the bullpen, and how many hot dogs the guy in seat 104 section EE has scarfed since the first inning. How about that, folks? How about that?

If that's not worth a look than I don't know what is. So I'm looking. Red Sox leading in the 5th five runs to one. Loookin good, looking good. I almost can't watch. As my friend Sam says, the more he watches, the worse they do. Maybe I should shut it off.

Bottom line, though, folks? Anti gets me mucho site hits. What a pal.

Important, though, folks? Really. Check out that spreadsheet. I'm serious. Learn to harness the power of compund interest. It's your friend. Even if for one dollar a day - the cost of a cup of coffee! And I'm not even asking you to give your money away, I'm asking you to make it work for you!

Cripes.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: