This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20041108   

Michael considered fate at 16:12   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I know you're all waiting with baited breath so I'll go ahead and tell yah that I figured out who the mystery caller was. No-brainer, really. Shoulda known that right away. Shoulda.

Yet it didn't really sort me out like I'd hoped it would cause the very next night, at a similar late hour, I received a call from New Haven CT. Now this, I am fairly certain, is a real mystery.

Okay okay, I thought that about the last one too. I know. Ho hum. What can yah do?

Well? You can go see I (heart) Huckabees. Didn't really know what to expect but I figured why not, I'll give it a whirl, and it wasn't horrible but then again I didn't really expect it to be horrible. I think more than likely what ruined it for me was seeing the previews. I had too much expectation. Basically, it was a bit disjointed, I guess. Which is fine, generally. I think I would have loved it if I didn't know what was coming.. but, damn those previews, they give you the whole movie in one bite.

Bummer.

I don't know if it was the movie or stuff that was on my mind but I walked back home, alone, pretty bummed out. I walked along by myself looking at the damp cement and staring up at the dark sky and watching the red glow of brake lines stream by and I couldn't help feel just a little sorry. I dunno. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's daylight savings, come to remind me what real depression is: darkness by 5 pm. I just don't know.

How I can have such a positive outlook on things one day and such a critical and caustic view the next.. it's a mystery almost as unsolvable as my call from CT.

Someday, maybe, I'll meet someone.. someone who has these sorts of answers and doesn't mind repeating them when I forget. Someday I'll meet the person that can look me up and down and know my ins and outs, my failures, my triumphs. Someday, they'll sit me down and tell me what it's all about.

I'll forget. Then they'll tell me again.

It'll be great.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: